Keep up to date with the latest Flyers news on the Youth Facebook page
Various rides/routes on offer, most using Wharfedale Valley with a Wetherby ride on the first Saturday of the month. All include a café stop. Mileage will be 35 – 45 miles (average in the region of 14/15mph) depending on the route. Expected return time is 1pm.
The emphasis will be on group riding; at least 2 ride leaders will give guidance and support to the younger riders.
How do I get involved?
- This group is for 12 – 18 year olds.
- You need to be an Otley Cycle Club member.
- You need be competent to ride on open roads in a group. You must have been assessed beforehand. This can be on either a Mini-flyers ride (with parent/guardian) or at OCC training/coaching sessions
- You & your parents/guardian must complete consent form, email back and bring a copy on all rides (download it here)
What do I do on the day?
- Meet at the Buttercross in centre of Otley for 9.00am on Saturday
- Bring working bicycle and spare inner tube
- Bring a drink and an energy/chocolate bar (or similar)
- Wear a cycle helmet (compulsory)
- Wear suitable cycling clothing for the weather conditions
- Bring some café money
- Bring a copy of consent form (filled in by parents/guardians)
Otley Flyers will get involved in racing at Grass Track Roundhay Park Leeds and Circuit Racing at Richard Dunn part of the White Rose League. Other trips will be planned. Mountain biking trips, Manchester Velodrome etc
Further Information or if you have a question;
Otley Cycle Club recommends that ALL MEMBERS carry emergency contact details (ICE) with them at all times when involved in any club activity/ride. Please complete the emergency contact details and medical information section on your membership card and this can then be carried with you on all club activities. We also recommend ID bracelets, carrying your BC membership card and storing ICE details in an unlocked mobile phone.
For more information about emergency contact information procedures please see the consent and emergency contact details policy.
Young People (under 18) & Vulnerable Adults
We take our responsibilities to safeguard young people and vulnerable adults very seriously. All unaccompanied under 18s and vulnerable adults must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian, if a form has not been completed they will not be allowed to participate in any club activities. If they are a club member this is completed at the point of membership. For all guest riders please download the consent form from this website and complete it, bringing it with you to any club event, showing the form to the ride leader or event organiser.
All under 18s and vulnerable adults must carry emergency contact details with them at all times, this can be in the form of the club membership card, ID bracelet, BC membership card etc.