Keep up to date with the latest mini-flyers rides on their dedicated Facebook page.
Our ‘Minis’ are a dedicated bunch, passionate about cycling. They have great fun representing our club on the road and in competitions. They also love to support our patron Lizzie and her Boels-Dolmans Team.
The aims of the section are to introduce young competent riders (up to 12/13) to club riding within a group on open roads and to put into practice the skills and techniques that are developed at the weekly evening coaching sessions.
The rides are a club run, with parents riding with their children and both experiencing the buzz of riding in a group. The rides are not coaching sessions.
The rides happen every Saturday, meeting at the Buttercross in Otley Market at 9.00am. The distances will vary from 16 to 35 miles and will include a cafe stop. The pace of the rides will be dictated by the riders themselves, with the aim of keeping riding together in a group.
As stated above the rides are parent and child rides, all children must be accompanied by a parent on all of the rides. All riders need to wear helmets and dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
How do I get involved?
· This group is for young capable riders up to the age of 12yr olds with a parent
· You need to be an Otley Cycle Club member
· You need to be competent to ride on open roads in a group.
What do I do on the day?
· Meet at the Buttercross in the centre of Otley for 9.00am on Saturday
· Bring working bicycle and spare inner tube
· Bring a drink
· Wear a cycle helmet (compulsory)
· Wear suitable cycling clothing for the weather conditions
· Bring some café money
· We recommend that you carry ICE details
Otley Mini-Flyers get involved in racing at Roundhay Park Grass Track, Leeds and various events throughout the year, including roller racing, circuit racing, mountain bike racing and hill climbs. Other trips are also planned including Mountain biking trips, Manchester Velodrome and Manchester BMX.